Julie’s interest in yoga developed as she realized that yoga is not only tremendously beneficial for the body, but has healing and calming effects on the mind as well. Her desire to explore the traditional and spiritual aspects of yoga sent her to Nashik, India where she lived and trained in the ashram Yoga Vidya Dham. She has been teaching and continuing her studies throughout the SF Bay Area for the last 5 years and returned to India in 2013 to study at the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram.
As a registered nurse, Julie has exceptional knowledge of anatomy, physiology and kinesiology. She strives to create a warm and nurturing environment in class and she encourages her students to challenge themselves, practice at their own pace and be aware in the present moment. Her teaching style includes a mix of asana, pranayama, meditation and relaxation and she hopes that her classes influence her students to live more balanced and fulfilling lives. Julie loves being able to share the benefits of yoga with others and teaches volunteer yoga classes at West Berkeley Family Practice. She is incredibly grateful for the opportunities and relationships that have manifested in her life since she began her path as a yoga instructor.
Julie’s other interests include dance and travel. She is a professional polynesian dancer and has been performing with Manuia Polynesian Revue in the SF Bay Area for 10 years. She loves to explore and is an avid traveller.
Licenses & Trainings
- Heart of Yoga Program (160 hours) – Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai, India – 2013
- Yoga Teacher Training (RYT 200 hours) – Denaya Dailey, San Mateo – 2012
- Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (50 hours) – Jason Crandell, San Francisco – 2012
- Yin Yoga Anatomy Certification (50 hours)– Paul and Suzee Grilley, Sacramento – 2012
- Teaching Yoga to Beginners Workshop – Yoga Tree with Jason Crandell, San Francisco – 2011
- Yoga Basics Workshop – Yoga Tree with Janet Stone, San Francisco – 2011
- Yoga Teacher Training (TTC 250 hours) in Hatha Yoga-Yoga Vidya Gurukul, Nashik, India – 2009
- Reiki II Certification in the Usui System – Vibrant Reiki with Anna Dorian, San Francisco – 2012
- Reiki I Certification in the Usui System – with Jennifer Brinn, San Francisco – 2011
- CA Registered Nurse license #738211 – 2008
- San Francisco State University Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 2008
- University of California, Davis BA Psychology, Spanish Minor, 2004